‘Chocolate’ and ‘snacks’ are two of our favourite words here at TrainSrilanka. Add in some protein and it’s even more of a bonus.
Not only will the following recipes satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you full until your next meal, they all star protein powder as their main ingredient.
‘s protein powders are entirely vegan and made with complete whole protein consisting of yellow peas, sprouted activated brown rice and Sacha Inchi (a high-protein seed native to South America).
So whether you feel like a delicious smoothie for breakfast, a bliss ball mid morning, a cheeky cupcake after dinner or some fudge to go with your herbal tea, we’ve got you covered!
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 180*C.
2. Combine flour, protein, cacao, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix until you reach a smooth batter.
5. Spoon into mini cupcake mould and bake for ~12-15 minutes. Cooking time varies according to your oven so insert a toothpick into the middle to check for readiness (if it comes out clean it’s done!).
Allow cooling for 10 minutes before removing from moulds. Decorate if desired and enjoy!
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 10-15 balls
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until it forms a crumbly texture. It should stick when the mix is pinched between your fingers together. If the mix is too dry add 1 tbsp water at a time and process until you reach your desired consistency.
2. Grab a small amount of the mix and form into bite sized balls.
3. Roll in any toppings you like (nuts, seeds, coconut, cacao nibs)
Note: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Time: 10 minutes
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour into a glass, top with cacao nibs and enjoy.
Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour set time
Yield: 8-12 slices
1. Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix until well-combined.
2. Pour into a loaf pan or small square pan, spread out evenly and place in the freezer to set.
3. Once set, slice into the serving size of your choice. Keep in the fridge and enjoy!
Visit for more!