Obsessed with cauliflower lately? We don’t blame you! Not only is cauliflower a great source of antioxidants, it’s also high in fibre and can assist with weight loss due to the fact that it’s the perfect low-carb, low-calorie option, clocking in at just 5g of carbs per 100g.
“The combination of curried cauliflower with creamy tahini is truly delicious. Plus, you can pair this salad with your choice of protein!”
Serves: 4, as a side
1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp curry powder
4 kale leaves, stems removed and leaves shredded
juice of 1 lemon
1 tin lentils, drained and rinsed
large handful parsley leaves
⅓ cup currants
⅓ cup toasted coconut flakes
For the dressing
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
pinch sea salt
black pepper, to taste
2 tsp filtered water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Arrange the cauliflower florets on the tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with the curry powder, sea salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
3. To prepare the kale, place the shredded leaves in a bowl and cover with the lemon juice. Using your hands, massage the lemon into the kale. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
4. To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
5. Once the cauliflower is roasted, transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add the lentils, parsley leaves and currants and toss to combine. Drizzle with half of the dressing and toss again.
To plate up, spread the marinated kale across the base of a serving plate or platter. Top with the cauliflower and lentil mix. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and top with toasted coconut flakes.
Jessica Sepel is a clinical nutritionist, best-selling author, international health blogger and the beloved voice behind and . She is passionate about helping people overcome fad dieting and disordered eating, having gone through her own struggles with food. Her philosophy is focused around balance, rest and building a healthy relationship with food. She recently launched the , which features a world-first nutrition clinic, hundreds of healthy recipes, a daily meal planner, health guides, body love support and much more.