If you’re searching for an easy, healthy and delicious pancake recipe to enjoy on the weekend (or any day really), look no further than this banana bread pancake recipe by Teresa Cutter aka . It’s packed full of all the good stuff thanks to the inclusion of oats, bananas, flaxseed for digestive health and eggs for protein.
“Now you can enjoy banana bread for breakfast—as pancakes! These high-protein pancakes are decadent, delicious and sweetened only with bananas and a little maple syrup. This breakfast will keep you nourished and satisfied all morning.” — Teresa Cutter
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup milk of your choice (rice milk or coconut milk)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground or chia seeds
1 banana, smashed
maple syrup to serve
Greek-style yoghurt or coconut yoghurt to serve
blueberries or extra banana to serve
1. Combine oats, desiccated coconut, milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and flaxseed.
2. Rest the batter for 30 minutes.
3. Fold smashed banana and mix through.
4. Heat a non–stick pan over a low heat with a little olive oil and spoon in the pancake mix, 2 tablespoons of mix per pancake.
5. Cook over a low heat so that it cooks through.
6. Flip over and cook the other side.
7. Serve drizzled with pure maple syrup and a dollop of yoghurt.
8. Add some sliced banana or blueberries over the top.
Notes and inspiration
Make this gluten-free by using ½ cup ground almonds in place of rolled oats, and
omitting the milk. Boost protein by adding 2 tablespoons Healthy Chef Protein.
aka The Healthy Chef is one of the speakers at the GoodnessMe Box Night Markets this year in Sydney. The event includes talks and cooking demos from some of Australia’s leading health and wellbeing gurus. , Co-Founder of Matcha Maiden will be joining as hostess, along with Pete Evans and Leah Itsines as key speakers.
When: Wednesday, 19 June 2019; 5:30PM – 10:30PM
Visit to purchase your tickets.