If you want to make friends, this tantalising torte is a sure-fire way to do it. Who could resist a rich, chocolatey dessert that is completely guilt-free? You and your new best friends will be bursting with bliss after just one bite. The recipe is from my new cookbook, Supercharged Food: Eat Clean, Green and Vegetarian (Murdoch Books; $35) which features over 100 vegetable recipes to heal and nourish.
For the base175g raw walnuts Zest of 1 lemon ½ cup dried berries 60 ml melted extra virgin coconut oil 1 teaspoon stevia powder
For the filling155 g raw, unsalted cashews 40 g raw cacao powder 115 g cacao butter, grated and melted 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup, or 1 teaspoon stevia powder 2 tablespoons additive-free coconut milk Juice of 1 lemon 2 cups mixed berries, extra, for decorating (optional)
1. Place the cashews in a bowl, cover with filtered water and soak for 2 hours. Drain.
2. To make the base, place the walnuts in a food processor and blend until they are finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add the lemon zest.
3. Place the coconut oil and dried berries in the food processor and blend. Add to the walnut mixture and combine well.
4. Press the mixture into a 20 cm (8 inch) springform cake tin and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. To make the filling, place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Remove the base from the freezer and spoon the filling over the top.
7. Chill for 2 hours in the fridge, or 1 hour in the freezer, until set. Scatter over the extra berries before serving.